Print this page  | Text size 
warning: Illegal string offset 'files' in /services/webpages/c/h/ on line 273.

So you’ve decided to get a Pap test…but where can you go to get one? This part can be a little tricky.

Pap tests in Ontario are performed by family doctors, gynaecologists, or nurses. Most sexual health clinics also offer Pap tests. Some of us are lucky enough to already have a healthcare provider who we feel comfortable with. For those of us who don’t, finding a healthcare provider or clinic who is accepting new patients can be difficult. Finding a healthcare provider who is accepting new patients AND that is friendly to trans men and who is knowledgeable about our health issues can be even harder.

We encourage you to find a healthcare provider that you feel totally comfortable with. But in the meantime, you many want to find a provider or clinic that is good enough for now to ensure that you get your Pap tests every year.

Primary Care Services (family doctors)

Listed below are places/services you can go/use to find a family doctor who can provide Pap tests and other primary health care services.

Planned Parenthood Toronto (PPT)
For youth between 13 and 29 years of age. No health card required. Call (416) 961-0113 or visit for more information.

Sherbourne Health Centre – LGBT Primary Health Care program
For LGBT communities. For registered clients only. No health card required. Call (416) 324-4103 or for more information.

Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services
For newcomers and immigrants. No health card required. Call (416) 324-8677 or visit for more information.

Association of Ontario Health Centres
Community Health Centres (CHCs) are centres that serve either a particular neighbourhood or a particular population (i.e. immigrants, youth, etc.) Many do not require a health card. For a list of CHCs in your area call (416) 236-2539or visit

Health Care Connect – Ministry of Health and Longterm Care
This program refers people to doctors and nurse practitioners who are accepting new patients in their community. Call 1-800-445-1822 or visit for more information.

College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
CPSO has a tool on their website that allows you to search for doctors accepting new patients by gender and city or postal code. Call (416) 967-2603 or visit and click on “Doctor Search” for more information.

Sexual health clinics will also provide Pap tests. In Toronto, those include:

Hassle Free Clinic – Women/Trans-identified Clinic or Men/Trans-Identified Clinic
Trans men can choose either clinic. No health card required. Call (416) 922-0566 or visit for more information.

Toronto Public Health – Sexual Health Clinics
No health card required. Visit for more information.


Should I get a pap test?

Frequently Asked Questions about Paps

Back to top of page


© Sherbourne Health Centre, 2010.
Design: The Public. Photography: Jennifer Rowsom. Programming: Inharmonic